5.21.2014

color, texture, tone

these three attributes sum up my art...and my home...and really, me...

I like the subtle...the simple...

I've been working on a new series of collages...where its more about the tones and the textures...
with just a hint of color...


























Likewise, me and my home and studio are about tones and textures...nothing jumping out at you or screaming "look at me!" They say that if you look around a person's home, you often get a good idea of what clothing they wear...people have a tendency to gravitate to the same colors time and again...

So it should be no surprise that I wear lots of natural colors...white, tan, gray, black...
and that its usually all natural - cotton, wool, linen...

ahhh... linen...how much do I love linen...the nubby texture, the nuance of color, the casual wrinkled look...

When I heard about Rough Linen...well...it was meant to be...

Thanks to Kim Klassen, I visited their site...all linen...bedsheets, tablecloths, napkins...and a pinafore...

Back in the 8th grade, I made a floral denim apron...and wore it over my jeans with a t-shirt...I don't remember where the inspiration for this came from...most likely Seventeen Magazine...it was the early 1970's...we thought we were being hippy...

Seeing this pinafore brought all those memories back...plus it was in my favorite fabric...in my favorite (non)color - natural...as soon as the Southern Man saw it, he said "you gotta get it - its Amy clothes..."

It arrived...I love it...wearing it as I work in the studio...the pockets hold my tools and my ever-present rag towel...and since it wraps around you, there's no constricting ties...







































one less thing to hassle about...slip it on...and I can get back to creating...

worth a look...

Related Posts with Thumbnails