10.22.2013

Mentor

Every once in a while, there is a person who crosses your path...
and has an effect on you that could not have been predicted...

One such person for me is Kim Klassen...the photography/photoshop maven from Canada.  I have never met Kim personally...but she has influenced my work in a profound manner...

Years ago I was given a copy of Photoshop...it was all the rage and I thought that I should have it...a copy of times I would load up the software...but couldn't really get very far...I'm not much for reading the manual (which I didn't have) and really more of an intuitive learner in the realm of the arts...

As I become more involved with blogging, Kim Klassen's website/blog/online classes crossed my path...more than once...I finally checked it out...and stuck my toe in the water to see if I could indeed make sense of Photoshop and what it had to offer me.  I ended up signing on for Kim's class "Beyond Layers" which was not just a Photoshop class...but rather a creativity class, using Photoshop as a tool for expression.  After the year long class, I signed up for the next adventure, "Beyond Beyond", wanting to expand what I could glean from the combination of photography, creativity and computer technique.

Through Kim, I learned of another class...much different from Kim's style but still mining the intricacies of Photoshop while prodding the depths of one's creativity...that workshop is Photoshop Grunge.

Within Photoshop Grunge, there's been an ongoing series of weekly challenges which focus on particular applications...which help to reinforce the learning...this past weekend, the focus was on Kim...

As one of several contributors, Kim offers a set of textures for class participants to use in their creations...the weekend challenge was to use several of her textures with a simple photograph that would be for Kim...to give her hope for the difficult journey that she and her family is facing...

Here is my photo...edited with a skill and understanding that I would never had achieved without her guidance...her influence has left a mark on my approach to this creative process...and I thank her...
edited with kk texture magicscripted and kk texture tres



















Linking up to Texture Tuesday...over at Kim's blog...such an experience...

worth a look...

Related Posts with Thumbnails