11.19.2011

The sum greater than its parts, #2

Work in my very own santa's workshop continues...trying to finish up one project completely before I start on another...but with so many ideas swirling in my head, sometimes its tough to stay focused...I'll have a flash of inspiration and think, "why not try this..." and off I go on a tangent...while one part of a project is drying, I'll get caught up in the details of another...but its all coming together...and I keep telling myself that everything doesn't have to be done by next Monday when I turn my space at Faded Elegance into holiday wonder...gotta keep it stocked with fresh ideas through December...looking at the pile of supplies on my dining room table/office worktable/studio sewing table, this won't be a problem!

You may remember that I was challenging myself to make holiday projects without buying more stuff...to use what I already had...

an assortment of felted sweater scraps left over from last winter's project and a ball of red twine...I snatch up balls of twine and string whenever I see them at yard sales...there's something about the texture and the symmetrical winding that catches my eye...
empty glass jars rescued from the recycle bin...glass jars have become my latest favorite go-to item (did you see the "thank you" in my art sale post that used random jars...or this post about upcycling jars...)
I've gathered all of my loose bells along with a smattering of white buttons for embellishing whatever I might be working on...

Combine the felt with the jars and you have...Felted Wool Vases!


















its interesting that my holiday projects are taking on a Scandinavian look...simple & clean-lined, focusing on natural materials...










I used the cut-off sleeves of the felted sweaters to wrap the jars...the red twine was looped 2-3 times around the neck of the jar...the screw lid grooves keep the twine in place so it doesn't slip off... these vases could hold greenery or flowers...or silverware on a buffet table...or a bevy of red candy canes!
Linking up to Saturday Nite Special over at Funky Junk Interiors...now there's some holiday inspiration!

worth a look...

Related Posts with Thumbnails