12.12.2010

Christmas is for the birds...

I had a day of luxury on Friday...the house all to myself and no pressing projects nor urgent requests...I spent the day decorating for the holidays!
I'm not much of a traditionalist at holiday time...and if you know me, I relish using what I already have and making something grand out of it...I have to say so myself that I'm pleased with how my "tree" turned out.



















Decided to focus on a bird theme...gathered some bird art - John James Audubon, Sid Dickens, Wendy Lee Lynds and me.  Since most of my artificial tree is at Faded Elegance, I only had the bottom tier of branches that I didn't use at my space...I stuck these branches in a copper planter.  I then added dried poppy heads and three branches I trimmed from our birch tree in the front yard...I took the arrangement outside and gave it a mist of sparkle from the remaining hammered silver spray paint I used on the french side table.  Once inside, I completed the tree with miniature lights, pheasant feathers, a few vintage Shiny Brite ornaments and a couple of artistic flourishes...































At the base, I composed a little vignette.
With the tree completed, I was ready to tackle the rest of the house...

worth a look...

Related Posts with Thumbnails