11.20.2010

The finish is in sight...

upcycled trophies are now celebration angels!






















I just about have everything completed for my holiday space at Faded Elegance.  To follow up on my initial holiday post,  and-so-it-begins, here are the completed ornaments that started with french text on orange can lids...
















The front was completed with a "noel" stamp that I hand-tinted, with a spot of glitter around the rim.  The back has one of three different images from my multi-media collages.  A little ribbon, a couple of metal buttons and that's it - ornament, gift tag, whatever you want.

And since I'm in the holiday decorating spirit, have to give a shout-out to Lezlee of Prior.  She had a post about using a goblet to make a stunning vignette...I told her that I would just have to steal this idea...here's my take on it...





















 I like that you can have two levels that relate...and I love turning something upside down to give it a new purpose (a salvage studio maxim!)











Thanks Lezlee for this great idea!  Next up...clock face ornaments...

worth a look...

Related Posts with Thumbnails