9.21.2010

I am FLORed!

A couple of years ago I read about this new company making carpet "tiles" called FLOR...the idea sounded intriguing...instead of having one large rug or wall-to-wall carpet, you lay down some "tiles".  An added bonus was that these "tiles" were made of recycled materials, environmentally friendly and could be returned to the manufacturer when worn out.  Plus there was the ease of removing a tile to clean it (hosed off in the kitchen sink) or a new tile could be swapped for an old tile if that spill from a glass of red wine just wasn't going to budge.

So I gave it a try - first I comprised a 8' square rug for the living room of a natural, nubby berber.  The tiles are approximately 20" square so you can configure them into any size/shape that you need.  Pleased with that decision, I ordered up a  5' x 7' rug for my office of green/gray/teal stripes.  I was hooked - visited the Flor website; got on their mailing list.
striped rug in my office with Calvin,
our golden retriever and the main reason why
I need easy to clean carpet!
























Recently I received an email from FLOR that they had started a blog...I'm thinking "Your carpet is great but how much can you say about it to launch a blog!"  So I clicked...and was so surprised...this is one of the most interesting design blogs around.  The day I visited, this was the post about how to re-use items being tossed into useful decor - a blog after my own heart!

side tables made from upcycled brass table lamps
reprinted from Musings, Flor's design blog

I've added Musings, Flor blog on design, to my reading list of blogs...I encourage you to do the same!

worth a look...

Related Posts with Thumbnails